Skip to main content

The Adventures of Mr. Honk - The Secret of Criminal A (1st Book of Mr. Honk)

 Hello! I am back after missing a week because of exams! But, now, I've come up with a new series - the adventures of mister Honk! It's a detective story series. And soon there will be more than 5 stories! It is based in Sirlane and some other places in Willtron. But its no fantasy. It is more than that, it's SUSPENSE.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            THE ADVENTURES OF MR. HONK – THE SECRET OF THE CRIMINAL - A

 

 


It was a hot summer afternoon, Mr. Honk had just had his lunch and was getting ready to read the magazine – “Anna’s Book”. It was just the that his Selcom telephone rang and when it was picked up by Nortje, he understood that it was a man named George Becker Hampsell on the line. Mr. Honk left his magazine on the table and took the phone from Nortje. “Hello!” he said.

               “Hello, am I talking to Detective Arnes Honk?” the man on the telephone asked.

“Yeah! How can I help?” was the answer in a grumpy tone. George said, “Sir, I am a paralyzed man. I am alone at home. I have no one at my home. I fear that Robert Siezel, a jail-broke criminal is after me and as I have lost my legs and muscles of my back, I am afraid that he might kill me.”

               “So, why have you called me, sir? And why do you suspect that the criminal will kill you?” Honk interrupted.

“Things are getting worse, sir! Nothing is nice in the Willtron now.”  “Get to the point! Fast!!”

“SIR, I WANT YOU TO COME HERE AT MY HOME. Here’s the address. I don’t have time to talk to you now, bye!” George Becker kept the phone and two minutes later, surprised Nortje and Mr. Honk received a message in their Textojack (an app like WhatsApp originated in Bredland, Willtron) saying: –

“23/A STRECTARK STREET, BSIEMNOPAR DISTRICT, PLOT NO.095, FLAT6-BLOCK: J19, MANSTROPHER, SIRLANE – 4560078” 

At evening, around 6: 30 P.M, Arnes Honk and Samuel Taylor Nortje set for Derben Station to catch the evening train. They reached a big skyscraper according to the address and its name appeared to be “Georgevilla”. It wasn’t too clear because it was wrapped in a layer of dust. It appeared that the whole 34 floor – skyscraper was George Becker Hampsell’s. Or, the name of each person living in each of the 34 floors of the magnificent building was George, but that, being too much co-incidental for anyone to believe did not disturb Mr. Honk’s mind anymore. But, ONE THING! The floor was not mentioned in the address which George Becker Hampsell had sent. Means, you go up and up and up searching every floor in details till you find that Hampsell in one of them sitting paralysed on his bed. Somehow, this attracted Honk’s attention and he thought however, that George had done that to keep them late. Why did he tell them that afternoon to come to their house as he didn’t have time? What can a companion-less paralysed human being want time for? All these questions demanded answer in Sir Honk’s brain as Nortje kept on looking at his watch trying to ring up George. Now, that they had heard Becker Hampsell say that he lived on the 29th floor on the right-hand-side, Nortje and Honk hurried to the elevator.

               They pushed the 29th button on the lift-board and up went the lift with a screeching sound. They met Mr. Hampsell lying on a bed in a very old-looking bedroom covered with layers of dust and spiderwebs at places. Obviously, how could a non-moving man brush out the dust if he didn’t have anyone to look after him? There was a cupboard beside the bed and a telephone. It was the same Selcom telephone which was used by George Becker Hampsell to call detective Honk. George instructed Honk to the switch to switch on the lights and apologized because he couldn’t give him tea by his own hands.

“Sir, Robert Siezel is a criminal, you know, who has recently escaped from jail by illegal means. Police are after him and he is after me. Everyday, he threatens me to pay him money online or he would come here at my home to stab me. He takes advantage of my disabilities. With only one hand and a head left, I can not protect myself. Saturday, he called me and I was unable to answer. He has threatened to kill me because I didn’t pay him on Saturday. Just at afternoon...”

“Robert Siezel called you and that interfered your phone call with me, right?” Mr. Honk intervened George Becker who had been talking with an Entallian accent.   “mmmm…mm…y.. Ye…Yes! You’re right. Looks like I have hired a very talented detective!” “And goodness me! Everyday, Robert Siezel reminds me that he is going to murder me at night. Any night he would attack me and kill me. Please…please save me, sir. Please!”

“Hmm… I would see for this issue. You need not to worry, Mr. Becker” said Mr. Honk, “Bye…Thanks for your precious time!!”

               That night Arnes Honk could not sleep peacefully. He suspected that Mr. George Becker was not actually interrupted by the phone calls of Robert Siezel.

               That day onwards, Honk visited George Becker’s “Georgevilla” quite frequently.

One fine Tuesday afternoon, Mr. Honk was told about Siezel by George Becker. He said, “Your kind Sir, Robert Siezel is a man who is very brutal and of a disgusting type. He has a red scar on his left cheek and has sometimes come to my house for steeling some jewellery from the 3rd Floor. He comes, tonts me, shows me his stolen jewels and escapes with a very evil smile.”

 “Can I see Robert Siezel once?” Mr. Honk started. “I want to meet him.”

George gave Detective Honk Robert’s probable address and he wrote it in a piece of paper so he won’t forget it. At evening, around 4:30 P.M., Honk and Nortje reached Adisaz Station and entered “THE PARADISE HOUSE” to find Jailbreak – Rob sitting on a stair and smoking a cigarette. On spotting Mr. Honk and his assistant, Mr. Nortje, he put out his pipe and said, “Hey trespassers, do you take anyone’s permission while entering someone else’s mansion?” “oh! We’re sorry. Actually, the thing is we want to know something about you.” Now, Siezel said, “Somethin’ about me?!? Really? But, But Why?”

               Mr. Honk, Asst. Nortje, and Robert Siezel went into the room on the 1st floor of the PARADISE HOUSE and a conversation begins: -

Arnes Honk – What about you? Mr. Robert, do you know George Becker Hampsell?

Robert Siezel – Yah! A competitor I loved to face in dojo.

Arnes Honk – Do you threaten to kill him?

Robert Siezel – Kill him? What’re you talkin’ about?

Samuel Taylor Nortje – Hey! Rat! Don’t tell lies! You can’t make us understand anything wrong,          

                           understood………………

Arnes Honk – Nortje, mind your manners. Robert Siezel, then why did we hear George Becker

                         Hampsell say that you had threatened to murder him and taking advantage of his                            

                         disabilities….

Robert Siezel – DISABILITIES???????????? Did you mean to say something, … some problems with organs?

Arnes Honk – Why do you look surprised

Robert Siezel – Why, he didn’t tell me! I am in touch with him. But, but… He told YOU AND NOT

                         ME?!?

 

Arnes Honk and Samuel Taylor Nortje reached GEORGEVILLA and caught George Becker. There was a clanking sound, “CLANG! CLANG!!!” as the opened door hit against the tea-shelf and a spoon fell down. Mister Honk noticed that a bottle in the kitchen had been left to be filled under the Kentropuro Aquaguard. Mr. Honk shouted, “Get up! Lier! We know your secret and it’s not a secret anymore! Remember, what you told me on the first day? You said, ‘I regret for not being able to offer tea by my own arms!’ No problem, Give it now.”

“WHAT DO YA’ MEAN? I can’t get up! Can I?” George fought back. “Ye! You can…” Honk exclaimed, “And there’s the prove, that you can move! That’s a pretty nice two-line poem, isn’t it?” and pointed towards the old book-shelf. “If you really can’t move and you don’t have a single person I your house, what’s the reason behind the slight movement of that shelf from there to there?”

“OH MY GOD! HOW’D YOU KNOW THAT? REALLY SOMETHING MIRRACULOOS! Oh! Gosh!” George Becker fainted but was soon awaken 2 minutes later by the sprinkling of water.

               A while later, George was telling every bit of truth to Nortje and Honk. He stammered out, “YES, I TRIED TO TRICK YOU. I’M SORRY. ACTUALLY….” “Actually what?” George said in an Italian Accent, “ACTUALLY, ROBERT SIEZEL WAS ONE OF MY COMPANIONS IN THE DOJO (Dojo is a karate school. It’s what Karate students call it.) WHEN HIS DAUGHTER SPOKE HER LAST WORDS, HE ASKED ME FOR SOME MONEY BECAUSE HE WAS POOR AT THAT TIME. HE GAVE IT BACK TO ME WITHIN DUE TIME BUT I…I WAS GREEDY. I WANTED DOUBLE MONEY AS FEE. HE WAS NOT READY TO GIVE ME THAT MONEY. I GAVE HIM 78 STILLONS AND 45 STOVES. AND I WANTED BACK 156 STILLONS AND 90 STOVES FROM HIM. SO, IPLANNED TO PUT HIM IN JAIL. THAT’S WHY I DID THIS PLANNING. BUT MY QUESTION IS HOW DID YOU COME TO KNOW THAT I AS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE PARTIALLY DISABLED AND NOT ACTUALLY PARALISED.”

Honk explained, “When I entered Georgevilla, I purposely kicked the tea-shelf because I wanted to know your reality. When I rushed towards your room, I got to saw that the bottle which was earlier on the platform and now is on the Aquaguard, half-filled. You were too foolish to have tried to fool me. Didn’t you ever think anyone could stay without food? You needed someone to feed you, didn’t you? And when you heard the clanking sound, you understood that we had come to meet you and you hurried and got into your bed, without even noticing that you have, in your excitement, mistakenly disturbed the position of your book shelf. So foolish of you. Now, get up! You’ve surely got your answer, didn’t you?”

               “But … where did you plan to send me? To jail?” George Becker protested. “Ya, why? You never thought about that?!? Sorry, George Becker Hampsell, I can not do anything. I apologize, I’ve already done all the talking of these things to the Vaskole Police (V.P.). Professor Hantire! Professor!! Where did you start snoring??? Hey, Professor Hantire Alex!” Arnes Honk called out.

               Professor Hantire entered. “I had been sleeping on the bench outside. Sorry!”

“Arrest HIM!!”

                                                            -------K. Nag

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MR. HONK: THE KIDNAPPERS (FIFTH STORY OF MR. HONK)

HONK IS HONKING THE HORN IN HIS CAR OF ADVENTURE! IN THIS, THERE'S A LOT OF DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING!!! AND FINDING AND DECODING AND FINALLY ARRESTING!!! THE 5TH BOOK OF MR. HONK, THE SIRLANESE DETECTIVE, HAS ARRIVED!                       MR. HONK : THE KIDNAPPER (FIFTH BOOK) MR. HONK WAS WALKING ALONG THE TAMPOLINER LANE ONE EVENING WITH SAMUEL NORTJE BY HIS SIDE WHEN HE SAW A DARK SHADOW UNDER THE STREET LIGHTS . HE WAS TRYING TO DO SOMETHING VERY SECRETLY AND WAS LOOKING HERE AND THERE TO MAKE SURE NO ONE WAS LOOKING .👀 LUCKILY HE DID NOT NOTICE MR. HONK AND NORTJE , IN THE DARKNESS , WATCHING HIM FROM A DISTANCE . THE MAN WAS DOING SOMETHING IN THE BUSHES  AND THEN HE STARTED TO BEND DOWN AND DIG THE SOIL .♠ THEN, HE PACKED UP HIS BAG🎒 AND PREPARED TO LEAVE . HONK FOLLOWED HIM TO SOUTH CROSS STREET WHERE SUDDENLY THE MAN DISAPPEARED IN THE DARKNESS .     ALL MR. HONK COULD HEAR 👂 WAS A SUDDEN SHRIEK OF PAIN AND THEN WHEN HE RAN TO THE SPOT WITH HIS R

Mrs. Pussy's Interview...

                                                             MRS. PUSSY NOW, HERE, MRS. PUSSY, TELL ME - WHY DO YOU SCRATCH?🐱 WHY DO YOU GET ANGRY👿 IF THERE'S A LI'L THOUGHT MISMATCH ? WHY DO YOU GIVE OUT A PURR , A MEOW , A CRY ? IS IT BECAUSE YOU ARE SAD THAT YOU CAN NOT FLY ?🐤🐥 WHY DO YOU , MRS. PUSSY, DEVOUR THE TINY RATS ?◽ WHY DO YOU, IN FANTASY BOOKS ,📕 OFTEN WEAR HATS ?🎩 WHAT IS THE REASON BEHIND YOUR LOVE FOR MILK 🍼🥛 AND FISH ?🐠🐟 AND THE TASTY SOUP IN YOUR MUMMY'S YELLOW DISH ? 🟡 NOW WHY DO YOU, MRS. PUSSY , HAVE TEMPER ISSUES WITH RATS ?🐀 WHEN YOU YOURSELF BELONG TO THE TRIBE OF PERSIAN CATS ? WHY DO THE EGYPTIANS CONSIDER YOU PUSSIES CLOSE TO GOD?🇪🇬☀️ WHY DO YOU PUSSIES ACT SO VERY ODD? WHY DO YOU LI'L CATS GIVE DIFFERENT POSES IN FRONT OF THE CAM?📷📷 MRS. PUSSY: - NOW, WHAT TO DO? THAT'S HOW I AM!                                       Interview by: Kuber Nag; Job: Rat Chasing; Hired: No

THE NEVER-ENDING 20 QUESTIONS

                                                          THE NEVER-ENDING                             20 QUESTIONS ________________________ 1. WHAT IS THE FULL NAME OF EOIN MORGAN?🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧 2. WHAT IS A BLUE WHALE'S HEART THE SAME SIZE AS? 🐋💝🐳 3. OF AN ELEPHANT, SQUIRREL AND A MOUSE, WHO RUNS THE FASTEST?🐘🐿🐭 4. WHERE WAS THE FIRST POTATO FOUND? 🥔 5. WHAT CAN COME FROM THERE TO HERE BY DISAPPEARING AND VICE-VERSA BY REAPPEARING? 😕 6. WHICH IS THE LARGEST GLOBE IN THE WORLD?🌎 7. WHICH ANIMAL LIVES THE LONGEST? 8. WHAT IS THE LATIN NAME FOR GOLD? 🟡 🟡 9. SINCE WHEN WAS VLADIMIR PUTIN THE PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA? 🇷🇺🇷🇺 10. WHICH IS THE ONLY ANIMAL IN THE WORLD ABLE TO LAUGH?😂😀😁 11. ON WHICH PERSON WAS THE CHARACTER DRACULA CREATED? 🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️ 12. WHAT WAS WALT DISNEY'S FAVOURITE COLOR? 13. WHO IS THE PRESENT CAPTAIN OF THE IPL TEAM DELHI CAPITALS? (2021) 🏏🏏 14. WHERE DID DOMINO'S PIZZA HAVE ITS 1ST BRANCH? 🍕🍕 15. WHO WAS THE FOUN DER OF THE FRENC H RUL